Media Programmes Designed for Success
Department of Mass Communication programmes are designed to prepare students for all aspects of media practice.
From the moment students arrive, they are considered members of the media community and are challenged to meet the expectations of all.
M. A (Journalism and Mass Communication)
The Master’s Degree programme in Journalism and Mass communication
aims to transform students into highly skilled media and communication professionals. The programme is carefully structured to offer the
students a foundation for a strong career in media industry as well as media research. After successfully completing their MA-J&MC, the
students will be ready to grab job opportunities as Radio Jockeys, Anchors, TV Broadcasters, Reporters, Copy Editors, Creative/Script Writers,
Advertising Executives and PR/Corporate Communication Professionals.
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
Duration of the Program:
The course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be four semesters spread over in 2 years.
- Advanced Television Journalism, Production & Broadcasting
- Advanced Radio Broadcasting
- Print Journalism
- Digital Media
- Data Journalism
- Media Research
- Media Laws & Ethics
- Media Planning & Management
- PR & Corporate Communication
- Development Communication
- Contemporary & International Affairs
- The programme allows the students to choose from specializations in the third semester.
- The programme provides specialization in three broad areas such as, Broadcast Media, Print & Online Media and Advertising & PR.
- The programme outline is prepared to offer a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge & practical exposure to the students.
- Each Semester has perfect balance of theory and practical subjects.
- Students are encouraged to prepare portfolio, short films, documentaries, radio programmes and research projects as their assignments.
- Classroom learning and outdoor exercises/Field visits are done to enhance their media communication skills.
- Personality Development Assistant is added advantage of this programme.
- Regular industrial interactions and news channel visits are planned to provide hands on experience to the students.