Media Programmes Designed for Success
Department of Mass Communication programmes are designed to prepare students for all aspects of media practice.
From the moment students arrive, they are considered members of the media community and are challenged to meet the expectations of all.
B. A (Journalism and Mass Communication)
The Bachelor's Degree programme in Journalism and Mass Communication is exclusively designed to prepare students for continuously evolving media
& communication industry. After successfully completing their BA-J&MC, the students will be ready to take on jobs as Radio Jockeys, Anchors, TV Broadcasters,
Reporters, Copy Editors, Creative/Script Writers, Advertising Executives and PR / Corporate Communication Professionals.
Senior Secondary (10 + 2) with any stream.
Duration of the Program:
The course shall be a full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over in 3 years.
- Television Broadcasting
- Radio Broadcasting
- Print Journalism
- Advertising & PR
- Social Sciences
- Indian Polity & Society
- Media Research
- Media Law & Ethics
- Media Planning & Management
- Language (Functional English and Hindi)
- The course outline is prepared to offer a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge & practical exposure to the students.
- Each semester has perfect balance of theory and practical subjects.
- Students are encouraged to prepare portfolio, short films, and research projects as their assignments.
- Classroom and outdoor exercises are done to enhance their media communication skills.
- Regular industrial interactions and news channel visits are planned to provide hands on training/experience to the students.
- Special efforts are taken to improve speech and personality development of the students.